Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Next New

Coming up with an idea for a form of new media that doesn't exist is a lot harder than it seems.  Alot of ideas have been done already.  What I personally would like to see is new media being used for academics in a better way.  I think a better digital chatroom for school would be interesting.  Let's say I launch this new app and my class is about to start, I get put into a video conference with the other students in my class (this works from phone or computer).  I can ask them questions and we can interact with each other and the professor whether it be by messages, file sharing, or even screen sharing if we need help.  I know things like google hangout exist but it is very slow with screen sharing.  And to work on documents or send files you have to use a separate app. 

1 comment:

  1. I think your idea is good. It allows for easier access to education on a global scale. If you aren't able to sit in a physical classroom, you are able to interact real-time with your peers and instructors.

    ReplyDelete